Sunday 3 August 2014

(Short and Sweet) Book Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

No one is like Daemon Black.
When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.
But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


My short and sweet review:


Just like every JLA book, I adored the story and the characters. Three books in and these characters have gone through so much good character development and I have loved witnessing every second of it. There was a lot more Dee at the end of this book and I'm incredibly happy that she sorted things out with Katy. Well, things are getting better anyways. Were getting better. *uncontrollable sobbing*

I never find myself getting bored with the Lux series, I read the first two books twice and this one was incredible! I'll never get over how well Jennifer creates scenes and faces. When I'm reading I usually can imagine the scene but the people, even the MCs, are usually just blurred faces/faceless which sounds a little creepy but - that's just how it works in my mind. With these books though, Daemon, Katy, Dee and all the others are clear as day! I know how their mannerisms look, their physical appearances etcetc. This may be a problem if we ever get a movie, I've already built everything up in my head and one bad casting may completely shatter that!

Since I wont be doing a full, ranty review of Opal let me just say GO AND READ THIS SERIES and then thank me when you fall in love with it the same way I have.

I will be starting Origin tomorrow and I can't wait *eek*, although I'm so antsy for book 5! Barely 2 days until the release date and I have Opposition set for preorder, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment