Tuesday 24 February 2015

Top Ten Tuesday! Favorite Heroines From Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.

The week's topic is: Favourite heroines from books

My favorite heroines (in no particular order!):

1. Amy from the Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis.

2. Kyla from the Slated trilogy by Teri Terry.

3. Amber from the Adaptation duology by Malinda Lo.

4. Olivia Mead from The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters

5. Isobel from the Nevermore trilogy by Kelly Creagh

6. Rune from Forest of Whispers and Castle of Sighs by Jennifer Murgia

7. Kai from The Gates of Thread and Stone duology/trilogy by Lori M. Lee

8. Maren Yearly from Bones & All by Camille DeAngelis.

9. Azra from Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein

1. Katy Swartz from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
That girl deserves a medal for what she went through. Everything from being a light-up target to being hunted by multiple parties. Super fun stuff.

2. Juliette Ferrars from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
The same as above... Well that first part anyways. Juliette started off a scared, on-the-brink-of-insanity girl with no idea of the emotions the human touch can provide. The character development over the series was incredible and Juliette kicks ass. (I'm just finishing up with Ignite Me. I don't want to say goodbye!)

3. Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
From the get-go Isabelle was AWESOME and a fierce protector.

4. Ash Thompson from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Another one from the Lux series and I actually wasn't going to include Ash because, let's face it, she was quite the bitch to Katy but... What she did for Beth, the selflessness in that act, made me really respect her. So I think she deserves a spot here!

5. Clarke Griffin from The 100 series by Kass Morgan
Yet another kick ass character. She carries on trying to assume the role of a leader even when the others come down to earth, as frustrating as that may be.

6. Cara Sweeney from the Alienated series by Melissa Landers
I'd love to see you try and be friends with an alien whilst everyone else seemingly wants him gone. Girls got balls.

7. Claire Danvers from the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine
I mean... Vamps, right?

8. Octavia Blake from The 100 series by Kass Morgan
Yep, another from this series. Octavia is my favourite character simply because she has been the bravest person and the one who stood up entirely for what she thought was right without faltering. LOVE HER.

9. Layken Cohen from the Slammed series by Colleen Hoover
The others have been from books with dystopian or paranormal elements but Layken has a different kind of strength. I can't say much without spoiling it but she is one of the strongest characters I've ever come across, especially towards the end of Slammed.

10. Josie from The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I'm still waiting to see the bulk of heroism from Josie but I sure as hell know it's coming in the next book after how the first one ended. Also she starts off as just an ordinary girl in a normal world where mythology is just that, a myth. She takes all of the new information Seth drops on to her like a champ. I would be sitting in the corner wondering when my mind finally turned on me.

Side note: It is really bothering me that I can't remember her last name. It's going to bother me all day.

What about you guys? Who are your favourite heroines?


No comments:

Post a Comment