Thursday 29 May 2014

A to Z Book Survey


I adore book surveys, they're just something fun to do to fill up some spare time. When I saw this one, I instantly wanted to do it, so here it is! This survey is from 2013 I believe but hey, let's do it anyway.
Please do it on your own blog too and leave the link to your post in the comments so I can read it, I'd love to see other people doing this:)

Author you've read the most books from:
Definitely Kate Perry. I've read most of her Laurel Height's series and I always love the next one just a little more than the last. Her writing flows so beautifully and I fall in love with every one of her books that I read!

Best sequel ever:
Reasonable Doubt Volume 2... Now, I'm not sure if that counts as a sequel per se but considering the book has been split into three separate parts I'll count them as singles. So yeah, I loved Reasonable Doubt V1 and V2, smoking hot sex scenes and I found myself giggling at some of the things Andrew would say. He's a complete asshole, but those times that his sweet side showed were worth the wait.

Currently reading:
Lost and Found by Nicole Williams. It's bad girl meets good boy which I don't usually get to read cause it's always the other way around. I'm loving it so far, it's about cowboys with jeans so tight one wrong move could bust a seam and it's also about the female protagonist finding herself but cowboys are the main thing I like to focus on... Absolutely no shame.

Drink of choice while reading:
Tea preferably but I also tend to drink coke or water when I'm feeling too lazy to wait for the kettle to boil.

E-reader or physical book:
EASY - Physical books all the damn way! There is nothing better than curling up in the corner of my bed, swinging my legs over the frame and losing myself in a book with real pages and that smell. You know what I'm talking about, don't pretend you don't smell the inside of books too...

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
Stiles Stiles Stiles! Oh he is so adorable, I can use a fictional character out of a TV show right? He's still fictional is he not? Maybe it's just Dylan O'Brien that I like though...

I'd probably have dated Jesse from the book I'm reading now cause oh my goodness he is a sweetheart with a killer personality and looks to match. That just doesn't happen in the real world! Also Jace Wayland... because bad boys are my ultimate weakness and I mean come on, he stole a motorcycle that runs on demon energies and basically flew it over a body of water. Don't judge me.

Glad you gave this book a chance:
If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I put it off for so long because I didn't want to be reduced to a sobbing mess on my bedroom floor but one day, I saw the trailer for the movie which comes out in August (yay!) and told myself to grow a pair and read the goddamn book. So I did, and it was fantastic and it took me a couple of days *cough* weeks *cough* to get over it. I cried... a lot. BUT THE MOVIE LOOKS SO GOOD. I'm glad I finally read it.

Hidden gem book:
The House At Riverton by Kate Morton. I loved this book so much, it was the first historical romance I'd ever read and I'd actually sit down in the same spot for hours completely lost in it's pages. Go to Goodreads RIGHT NOW and read the synopsis, because I assure you, it is a fantabulous book. And I don't use the word fantabulous lightly, okay?

Important moment in your reading life:
"I realise now that dying is easy. Living is hard." - If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Holy wow did that one line give me a lot to think about. It's so, so true.

Just finished:
Reasonable Doubt Volume 2 which was really good! The storyline was okay but Andrew made this book amazing with his words that made me swoon and his banter throughout the book. He is a cocky asshole but I loved him, now waiting to get my hands on part 3!

Kinds of books you won't read:
Horror doesn't interest me and I will never read books about child abuse/rape. Fiction or not. Never.

Longest book you've read:
The House At Riverton, but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

Major book hangover because of:
Reasonable Doubt V3 doesn't even have a release date or a front cover yet and I just don't know why! The last part left quite a cliffhanger and I neeeeed to know what happens next, I AM NOT A PATIENT PERSON!!

Number of bookcases you own:
Two which are relatively full... I'd love to just have bookcases as walls in my room. One day maybe.

One book you've read multiple times:
Beautiful Disaster - I love that book so much. I can't wait to get a physical copy, I only have it on iBooks at the moment and I just can't read it enough! BEAUTIFUL OBLIVION IS OUT SOON AHHH.

Preferred place to read:
My bed is in the corner of my room and in that corner is a mass of pillows and blankets. There is nothing better to me than laying there with a book and a cup of tea and losing myself in the story for a couple of hours until my arms ache from holding it up! 

Quote that inspires you:
"I realise now that dying is easy. Living is hard." *shivers* I'm pretty sure this is the third time I've mentioned If I Stay by Gayle Forman but who cares, that book did one helluva number of me and I don't think I'm over it yet.

Reading regret:
Hmmmm, I don't think I have any regrets here. I do wish I owned more physical books opposed to ebooks but... does that count as a regret?

Series you started and need to finish:
The Mortal Instruments. I was so excited to get to the third book but then I just stopped reading them because there were other books I wanted to read more. I guess I got a little exhausted with the umming and ahhing when it comes to the mess that is Jace and Clary's relationship. Jace's mood swings were giving me whiplash.

Three of your all-time favourite books:
The House At Riverton by Kate Morton (my first historical romance aw), Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout and The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I did not like the whole Twilight hype and it completely put me off Meyer's books for a while but then I was given The Host. Now this was back when I was just starting my book hoarding obsession and I didn't have many to choose from and I also wasn't familiar with eBooks yet, so I picked up The Host after ploughing through all my other new books and gave it a read. I read it in 3 days which was incredibly fast back then... it is nothing like the Twilight series. I loved the whole idea, it was pretty incredible, I thought, how an author can make up a whole new species or a new concept like alien parasites taking over human bodies, keeping their memories and living in a civilized world where nothing bad ever happens, no one is violent, there's no illness and THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR FOOD. What a world.
Anyways, that book but Meyer's back on my to-read list! Although I'm still not over how much I loathe Twilight. Eck.

Unapologetic fangirl for:
Sexy cowboys... Absolutely no shame. Oh and bad boys who ride motorcycles and have tattoos but once in a while, they show a sweet side to themselves. *sigh*

Very excited for this release more than others:
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire! Eeeeeeee, it's coming so soon.

Worst bookish habit: 
Buying more books than I can read... Then buying more books before I've read the ones I bought the last time. I have little shame though.

X marks the spot - Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore. I haven't read that book yet though so if you have, is it any good?

Your latest book purchase:
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks which I am super excited to read!

Zzz-snatcher book - Last book that kept you up SUPER late:
I'd say it was Reasonable Doubt V2 which I have mentioned a hundred and one times in this post and I'll keep mentioning it until you go and read it.


That's it! Please feel free to follow me using any of my social media:)

No comments:

Post a Comment