Tuesday 5 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Resolutions for 2016


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.

This week topic is:
  Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016


I normally try to just keep to just one resolution for the year, so as to not overwhelm myself, but I suppose I can try for this year. No matter how many I have, they are can be achieved by taking small steps. I've already made lots of progress in 2015 and I feel like I've improved so much. I hope I can do the same this 2016.
1. Blog more often. - I haven't been able to spend much time as I like typing blog posts and such. Most of this is because of work related stuff and trying to focus on art and writing as well. Things are a bit calmer for me right now but, despite wanting to reach my other main goals, I still want to keep up a certain schedule.
 2. Finish one of my manuscripts. - I have a story still in the making. I've managed to get a lot of progress this year alone with storybuilding and character development... now I just need to write the darn thing.
3. Start a webcomic. - I need to draw more often. I just have to. Being forced to a set schedule for each page will help me out, I think, and hopefully I'll improve with my art style and my digital art.
4. Read more of the eARCs I've requested on Netgalley. - Hah! Probably one of the main things I need to resolve soon. This year was the first time I've ever requested a lot of books. I feel bad that I've yet to read half of those requests. >:
5. Start eating healthier/  become vegetarian. - I think I'm already on the right path for this. I already don't eat that much meat as it is but, honestly, I just want to be healthier overall.
6. Create a proper budget set for myself. - I was doing so well but I really messed it up at the last couple months. I think it's because I spent so much money on books and because I just have a bad habit of spending when I'm not in a good mood. Which... has happened a lot...
7. Slowly save up for a new Cintiq. - I know this might seem a bit contradiction to my previous resolution but... I miss using one of those. I used to use it when I was in college and loved it. It's not a big priority right now but, one day, it'll be mine.
8. Go back into college for English with a focus on either Creative Writing or Writing and Literacy. - Pretty self-explanatory. I just want to have a job focused on writing and/ or in the publishing industry.
9. Visit some of my internet friends. - I doubt that this will be done within this year, due to finances and such, but it'll happen one day.
10. Buy new clothes and get rid of my older clothing. - I still have a lot of clothes that are from high school. I'm tired of this phase - I just want them all gone from my closet now please.

What are your resolutions for 2016?


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful mix of resolutions. I don't typically make resolutions but I do have goals and I need to start budgeting again. This is why I've been imposing book buying bans for the last month or so. It helps keep me in check and it means that I can tackle my never ending to be read pile.
    Good luck with the manuscript, webcomic and college. :D

    ReplyDelete