Tuesday 4 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Would Reread!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.

This week's top ten list is 10 books I'd like to reread. I also wrote some mini (kind of) reviews!



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This book was such a cutesy read with a bit of teenage angst thrown in. Throw in a British boy from America in Paris and you've got the perfect guy, right? Right.

Reading this story also heightened my want to go to Paris and, as I type this, I am waiting for my passport to arrive so I can be on my merry way to au pair for a year or so in FRANCE. Dream come true? Maybe. YES.

So this book is one of my all-time favourites. I'm currently reading Isla and the Happily Ever After  and I'm sad that the series is coming to an end but I'm excited to see how this all rounds off.

Compulsion by Martina Boone

This is a new found favourite of mine having finished barely two days ago. I still have the warm and fuzzies over this one and I cannot recommend it enough. I'm sure all of my Twitter followers are sick to death of me fangirling on and on about Compulsion.  Sorry guys.

Eight and Barrie have a lovely romance going and it just gets sweeter the further you get to the end. He's pretty much perfect. Good looking, intelligent, knows what people want and incredibly kind. That just does not  happen in the real world. You don't get all of those things in one guy unfortunately. That's why I think I'll stick to fictional guys.

Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This is a spin-off novel from JLA's Lux series. It's meant for a more mature audience where the Lux books are fairly mild in terms of violence and sexual situations.

I really enjoyed this one though. I was entirely intrigued by the Arum and seeing things from their point of view was eye opening! There was one or two crossover scenes between Obsession  and Origin  which was awesome and very well done.

P.S. It can't only be me who thinks the male model looks a helluva lot like Scott from Teen Wolf... Right? 

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Ah this book! This was the one that started my JLA obsession and now I pretty much consume anything that she writes. This will always be my favourite book of hers though.

Daemon is utterly infuriating and oh-my-goodness hot. LOOK AT HIM. (The cover model is Pepe Toth in case you were wondering). The banter between him and Katy is hilarious. I am pretty much Katy. Everything that she says is what I would say if I were put in a similar situation. We'd be great friends, I'm sure of it.

I know some people are put off this book because it's about aliens but please give it a try! I was the same and ended up truly loving this series. The characters (even the creepy ones *you Lux fans know who I'm talking about*) make the story that much more wonderful!

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

"Oh god, it's about mermaids."
This was my first thought when reading the synopsis. I originally bought this book because of the pretty cover. I have no shame. It is no secret now that I love love love  underwater covers. I'm pretty sure I mention this in every post. Yeah so I bought it for it's cover but I stayed for the content and the characters.

The female protagonist is strong willed and does not want to let boys do all of the ass kicking. I think everyone should aspire to be a little more like Emma.

It's been a while since I read this book and I am in dire need of a reread so I can buy the next books. Great first book if I remember correctly!

Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch

This is another new found favourite of mine. I recently read this one and am dying to get my hands on the sequel. It's not out yet unfortunately and I'm not sure it even has a set release date. *Boooooo*
Anyways, this is a brilliant novel about some pretty weird stuff. It's about a world where keeping humans as pets is okay. Like it's natural for wealthy families to get 'pets'. Creepy, I know, but give it a chance! It's a very well written book with characters that leap off the page and into your heart with the things they do for other each other. Ella and Penn especially.

Oh and isn't the cover lovely? It's elegant whilst still holding some sort of underlying meaning with the cage surrounding such a pretty object.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

I don't think I'm over this book yet and it's been a while. I am still trying to get my grabby little hands on Unravel Me and Ignite Me - I really want to see why everyone is suddenly Team Warner. He seemed a little unstable in Shatter Me... I did feel sorry for him though.

This book is really well written. I remember thinking 'what took me so long?!' when I read the first few chapters. The writing is so beautiful and it's kind of hard to describe. The author explains everything that's happening but we also get an insight into the deepest parts of Juliette's mind. It's written sort of like a journal I guess, with all of the crossing outs and repeated words.

PLUS THIS SERIES HAS THE PRETTIEST COVERS EVER.

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Yet another  new found favourite. I read this one maybe two weeks ago and the story really is beautiful and tragic. Tragically beautiful is the perfect term. Wherever there's darkness in the lives of Will and Lake there's also light weaving it's way through in the form of each other's growing affection.

I hope book 2 is just as good - this first book will stick with me I'm sure of it. It also gave me something new to love; slam poetry! I youtubed it whilst halfway through this book and ended up sitting in the same spot for maybe 2 hours just clicking on people reciting poetry that was so gripping and emotionally charged that I just could not look away, could not listen. So thank you Colleen for helping me find this and for writing such lovely books!

So Much To Learn by Jessie L. Star

I read this one a while back and I would love to reread it. I don't remember too  much but what I do remember was the romance aspect of this book.

It's about a girl who asks her brother's best friend (?) to help her with guys and how to be with them as she has little to no experience but would like to gain some with someone she is comfortable with. From this blooms a wonderful romance that captivated me from Lesson 1.

Highly recommend! Actually... If anyone would like to buddy read this with me I'd be down for that! :)

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

A long-time favourite of mine! This was the first NA book I ever read and I adored it. I'd love to reread this when I finally get a physical copy.

Some say that Travis's behavior is abusive and this bothers me a little. Whilst he does have violent tendencies he never hurts Abby.  The only way he 'hurts' her is when he does something stupid and backtracks his progress to being a better person. He WANTS to be better for her and he does try and in the end it really shows and makes the whole story that much sweeter. I'm not saying it's a fairytale romance because it's not at all but overall it's a very well written one. There's also enough drama to keep you going for a couple of months ;)

Travis is a fighter to pay for his house that he rents (owns?) with his best friend (Abby's best friend's boyfriend). He does do some absolutely idiotic things in the book but the amount of character development he goes through just to be better for Abby is incredible! The supporting characters are great too.

Highly recommend this one if you're looking to read more NA :)

So... What book would you reread if you could?

10 comments:

  1. One of the FEW books I've reread recently was Anna and the French Kiss and omg I fell in love all over again. I forgot how funny Anna was and the cute banter. GAHHH. MY HEART.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THIS IS HOW I FEEL <3 I've read this book twice now and I'd still read it again and again :)

      Delete
  2. The couple books I've read on this list were ones I didn't really love... But I think we probably just have very different tastes! Nothing wrong there ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely nothing wrong with that! Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Maaan. My previous comment was eaten. :(

    I had no interest in the Shatter Me series but all the Warner hype had me curious and I have a soft spot when a seemingly bad character is redeemed. I loved Anna and the French Kiss, so many fluffy feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! In book 1 he is borderline insane and I'm really interested in seeing why everyone is suddenly Team Warner. Anna and the French Kiss is a big favourite :)

      Delete
  4. Yep Anna!!! I need to get Shatter Me! I have the hardcover of Unravel Me and Ignite Me and I keep hoping they'll change the hardcover Shatter Me cover to the paperback one. No such luck yet and I'm getting impatient wanting to start the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prettiest covers I've ever seen! Shatter Me was such a beautifully written book. Ideally I'd like to wait until the other two books are published in paperback form buuuuut I really want to read them so it looks like I'll be getting them in hardback... Which wont match... Which will stress me out a little. Anna yay!!!

      Delete
  5. Awesome list! I definitely want to read Anna and the French Kiss now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Obsidian!!! And I loved Shatter Me, and its sequel, and now I need to read the third book before I even think about re-reading the first two. Did you read Walking Disaster? It's like re-reading Beautiful Disaster from Travis's viewpoint. And I didn't feel that Travis was violent exactly, my problem reading it was that it was a total co-dependent relationship, and I'd had a sister who needed out of a relationship like that, so I felt guilty reading it. But I admit, it did suck me in and as I said, I had to read the other one. And now I need to read Beautiful Oblivion, which I LOVE the cover of! Great list.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete