Tuesday 1 September 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I Didn't Click With


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.

This week topic is:  
Ten Characters You Just Didn't Click With



 Kyla from the Slated series by Teri Terry

For the longest of time, I didn't really click with many of Kyla's decisions. There were many times when I got so frustrated with many of her actions and thought many of them were illogical. Eventually, though, after I finished the series, I started to understand why she made those decisions... but, still, I was left fairly frustrated with the character itself. I still loved the story though.








Priest by Sierra Simone - Poppy Danforth
Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid - Julia
From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion - Emma
I Was Here by Gayle Forman - Cody Reynolds
The Jewel by Amy Ewing - Violet Lasting
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - Lola Nolan
Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando - Elizabeth
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor Douglas
Dinner with a Vampire by Abigail Gibbs - Violet Lee
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins - Rachel Watson

Now don't get me wrong here! Just because I didn't like these specific characters it absolutely does not mean I didn't enjoy the stories. Like I loved TGotT! I just didn't click with the main character and that's okay. You can definitely enjoy a story without liking a character, be it the protagonist or a secondary character because in real life, not everyone is likable so why should every character in a book be likable?

Which characters did you not click with?

No comments:

Post a Comment