Wednesday 22 April 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Devil You Know by Trish Doller & Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett

The Devil You Know by Trish Doller
Publication Date: June 2nd, 2015
Eighteen-year-old Arcadia wants adventure. Living in a tiny Florida town with her dad and four-year-old brother, Cadie spends most of her time working, going to school, and taking care of her family. So when she meets two handsome cousins at a campfire party, she finally has a chance for fun. They invite her and friend to join them on a road trip, and it's just the risk she's been craving-the opportunity to escape. But what starts out as a fun, sexy journey quickly becomes dangerous when she discovers that one of them is not at all who he claims to be. One of them has deadly intentions.


A road trip fling turns terrifying in this contemporary story that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

I NEED this book with a fierce want. I am a lover of everything creepy, twisty and shocking when it comes to books. I love thrillers and mysteries especially when there's a romance element, although I'm not sure there is romance in this one. I don't even care because I just want to read this so bad. I requested it on Netgalley and got rejected (boo!!!) presumably because I don't like in the US which sucks. I'm going to try my damn hardest to get an early copy, I don't think I've ever been more determined but if not I'll have to wait until June (dear god no).

Is anyone else interested in this one? If not GET INTERESTED. *cough* I mean... Read the synopsis and see if it's something you wanna read. Also, I really like the cover.



Kalli's Waiting on Wednesday

Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett
Expected Publication: September 22nd, 2015

Romeo and Juliet meets Children of the Corn in this one-of-a-kind romantic horror.

“When you fall in love, you will carve out your heart and throw it into the deepest ocean. You will be all in—blood and salt.”

These are the last words Ash Larkin hears before her mother returns to the spiritual commune she escaped long ago. But when Ash follows her to Quivira, Kansas, something sinister and ancient waits among the rustling cornstalks of this village lost to time.

Ash is plagued by memories of her ancestor, Katia, which harken back to the town’s history of unrequited love and murder, alchemy and immortality. Charming traditions soon give way to a string of gruesome deaths, and Ash feels drawn to Dane, a forbidden boy with secrets of his own.

As the community prepares for a ceremony five hundred years in the making, Ash must fight not only to save her mother, but herself—and discover the truth about Quivira before it’s too late. Before she’s all in—blood and salt.
 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23845997-blood-and-salt


I believe I found out about this book... somewhere around the beginning of 2014? It could have easily been around December 2013, honestly, cause I remember diving into the book blogging scene somewhere around there. I discovered that there was a group for Freshmen Fifteen which, essentially, was a group for all new authors being published during 2015. Pretty awesome, huh? And now I'm extra excited cause the book cover has been revealed a little while ago.

I can't wait to get my hands on this book. : D

At sixteen, Kim Liggett left her rural midwestern town for New York City to pursue a career in both music and acting. While attending the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Kim sang backup for some of the biggest rock bands in the 80′s.

After settling down to have a family, she became an entrepreneur, creating a children’s art education program and a travel company specializing in tours for musicians.

She’s married to jazz musician Ken Peplowski, has two beautiful teens, and a very neurotic dog that drags her through Riverside Park everyday on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.


No comments:

Post a Comment